Leaves are changing color, temperatures are cooling off at night – all sure signs that fall is here with us again. While a beautiful time in Colorado, this is also an important time for homeowners to get their checklist done before the snows of fall and winter hit. Preventative maintenance can save you time and money by avoiding damage and repairs later in the season. At Overall Appearance, maintenance is our thing. Our team is gearing up to take care of multiple seasonal items for over 40 HOA properties and we can help you too. Take a look at the fall seasonal service checklist we have created for you to make sure everything on your to-do list is tackled in a timely and efficient manner:
- Clear gutters of debris so they can function properly and drain water, avoiding roof damage
- Clear leaf and tree debris as well as trim trees that may sag or cause roof damage under the weight of snow
- Insulation and caulking can help save you on utility bills and avoid chilly drafts in your home
- Inspection and deck repair. Moisture can rot wood and you want to be sure of your footing in the snow especially on a deck or stairs
- Drywall repair
- HVAC repair
- Roof inspection and repair to avoid moisture damage or leaks
- Shut off valves for the season. We can repair frozen pipes but better to avoid this if you can!
- Inspect fireplace and furnace to make sure both are functioning properly, replace furnace filters if needed
- Inspect and seal basements or crawl spaces to avoid moisture buildup
Just a few simple steps can help you settle in for a comfortable fall and winter knowing your home is ready for the change. We are here to help you with all your maintenance needs. Contact us today to see how OA can shore up your home for the season.